TERMS AND DEFINITION
The following terms and conditions govern the use of this online services.
- 1.1 “Online User” means the Online User specified in this site.
- 1.2 “QESH Academy” means QESH Standards Limited Training platform whose registered office is Suite 18, Rosyl Plaza, Trans-Woji Road, Woji Town with Company Registration number 933325, Phone contact: 08095953739; 08095953642, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.3 “Conditions” means these terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
- 1.4 “Contract” means the contract between the Company and the Online User for the Training Services in accordance with these Conditions.
- 1.5 “Product/Services” means any product or service detailed on the QESH website or advert materials.
- 1.6 “Service Agreement” means the agreement between the Company and the Online User covering the requirements of the enrolled course.
- 1.7 “Delegate” means the Online User or Student.
- 1.8 “Charges” means the Online User’s charges for Services/Products as set out in the Company’s standard enrolment/order form or on the Company website.
- 1.9 “Training Portal” means the online learning management system and website provided by the Company or the Company’s LMS provider.
- 1.10 “Order” means the Online User’s order for Services as set out in the Company’s order form.
- 1.11 “Services” means the courses as detailed on the website and company advertorials.
- 1.12 “we/us/our” means the Company.
- 1.13 “you/your” means the Delegate / Online User.
2. Permissions and Restrictions of Use
3. Training Agreement
The Training Agreement sets out your entitlements and obligations as an online user / student of QESH STANDARDS LIMITED and constitutes the terms and conditions of your enrolment. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, you can cancel your course within the timescales detailed below and receive a refund/credit of the fees less any expenses incurred by QESH STANDARDS LIMITED.
4. Our Complaints Process
QESH STANDARDS LIMITED aims to ensure that it fully meets its obligations under the Training Agreement and that all of our customers are fully satisfied with the service they receive. However, if you feel we have not met our obligations under the Training Agreement or you are dissatisfied with any other aspect of the service you have received from QESH STANDARDS LIMITED, we would welcome your comments on the matter. We will take the matter seriously and will conduct a full investigation into your grievance. A full copy of our complaint’s procedure is available by e-mailing to email@example.com. You can send your complaint by post to QESH STANDARDS LIMITED Suite 18, Rosyl Plaza, Trans-Woji Road, Woji Town or send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Cancellations & Refunds
This are strictly for classroom physical trainings. We are confident that you will be totally satisfied with your studies but if not, you can cancel under the following terms within your enrolment. Please note that a refund is not payable to any delegate that fails to complete a course without prior notification and following the terms in the policy set out below. Requests for transfers to alternative dates are subject to cancellation fees. Refunds will also not be payable where agreed installment payments are not met prior to requesting a refund from QESH STANDARDS LIMITED.
Face‐to‐Face and Live Online Courses- QESH STANDARDS LIMITED International Courses Cancellation more than 30 Days before the Course Start Date A refund of the full course fee is obtainable for cancellations received more than 30 days before the scheduled course start date. Cancellations between 15 and 30 Days before the Course Start Date A refund of 70% of the course fee is obtainable for cancellations received between 15 and 30 days before the scheduled course start date. No refund is available for cancellation within 15 days of the course start date.
Online Courses Cancellation received within 30 days of the acceptance of your application. A refund of the full course fees paid is obtainable for cancellations received within 30 days following the acceptance of your application. This is subject to the return, in good condition, of any printed materials supplied and the receipt of a written confirmation that any electronic copies of the materials have been destroyed within the 30-day period. A 90% refund is available for any Units/Modules for which study has not commenced, where materials are on hold and have not been released and the Online User is within the Tuition period as specified within the Online User Agreement. Refunds, if applicable, will be processed within 14 days of QESH STANDARDS LIMITED receiving returned course materials. Exam/Assessment Only A refund of any exam/assessment fees paid to QESH STANDARDS LIMITED is obtainable provided the cancellation is received before the Delegate has been registered with the awarding body and within the Tuition period. This is subject to them being received in an as new condition within 30 days following the dispatch of the goods. Please note opened and used materials will not be accepted. Electronic Material No refunds are available for downloads of PDF copy of materials. A refund is available within 30 days on digital book copies if the copy has not been activated.
6. Intellectual Property
QESH STANDARDS LIMITED remain the owner of the intellectual property of all content contained within the Training Centre, Online Services and elsewhere unless otherwise stated. No content (whether online or not, in whole or in part) may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any way without prior written consent from QESH STANDARDS LIMITED.
7. Goods, Pricing and Availability
The fees charged for all courses and products are displayed on the website in Nigerian Naira and other Foreign currencies excluding VAT (unless otherwise stated). All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that our websites and Training Centre / Platform are operational all day, every day, but occasionally the need for routine maintenance and technical issues may result in some downtime. Where possible we try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in website and/or Online Training Platform down time. We strongly recommend you access the free demo course before purchasing a course to ensure that your computer is compatible. QESH STANDARDS LIMITED is not responsible for technical issues resulting from PC/browser incompatibility.
8. All amounts stated are exclusive of VAT which shall be charged at the prevailing rate.
The Customer may, without prejudice to any other rights and remedies under the Agreement, withhold or reduce payments in the event of unsatisfactory performance.
10. Exclusion of liability
No liability shall attach to QESH STANDARDS LIMITED or its employees for loss or damage of any nature suffered as a result of the use of the Product or for any errors or omissions in the contents of the Product.
11. Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute relating to this Agreement shall fall within that jurisdiction, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
12. Additional Information
- Any formal legal notices should be sent to QESH STANDARDS LIMITED at the address detailed above within these Terms and Conditions by email, confirmed by post.
- Failure by QESH STANDARDS LIMITED to enforce a right does not result in waiver of such right.
- You may not assign or transfer your rights under this agreement.
- Telephone calls will be recorded for the purposes of providing evidence of a transaction or ensuring that we are complying with our procedures.
- We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting a variation on the web site.